wow...this material is so useful to learn....non-violent communication is really interesting to learn..so many pragmatic things to apply to the often confusing terrain of human interaction.
Here is a "Feelings Inventory".
1. Identify my most frequently used "jackals" when I am angry.
2. Consider what needs of mine or not being met and what I might be afraid of when I am angry.
3. Ask,"How do I talk to myself when I am less than perfect"?
4. List those things that other people say that I respond to defensively or aggressively or judgementally.
5. What am I afraid they might do in these situations?
Needs that ALL humans share:
1. Sustenance (food, air, water, shelter)
6. Warm community
9. Meaning/purpose/contribution to life
Here is a longer 9 part overview of nonviolent communication...